May in one word? Rainy!!! I was looking forward to rainfall and the cold weather because this Lagos heat is out of this world, but I wasn’t ready for what May brought lol. It was always raining at odd hours like 6am(when I’m preparing to leave the house) or 5/6pm(while on the queue for a bus ugh). Still still, I love the weather now, no more unnecessary heat and now I have an excuse not to leave my house (the beach today? Aww I really love the idea , but I think it will rain today. Bye!)
I decided to drop the “strong independent woman” facade this month and embrace my femini(ni)ty, it’s been quite challenging tho but I’m pulling through. So two of my favourites for this month are on that subject. Enjoy
1. The power of being a woman – Michelle McKinney Hammond: I’ve never been a fan of her books for reasons I can’t explain. Two Saturdays ago, I was waiting for Grace, so I decided to go book shopping and I stumbled on the book, I read the back page, and I was thrilled because it was in line with my theme for the month. I don’t regret buying this book, I can’t even describe it enough. If you want to understand yourself and know how to be a better version of you, this is the book for you. ☺
2. Priced above rubies – Bimbo Odukoya: Pastor Bimbo needs no introduction; even after her death, her books and tapes still minister to people. The book was written to help women in marriages and those preparing/planning to get married. It’s a guide to “the basic requirements every woman needs to succeed as a wife and a mother.” It’s a very straightforward guide and trust me, you’ll enjoy reading this.
3. Love, lies and scandal – Earl Sewell: I finished reading this in a day, a very busy day actually. I just couldn’t drop it when I started. It’s a novel about divorce, betrayal, and love. The sex scenes were rather too descriptive tho, but still, it’s a good read and you’ll definitely learn one or two things from the book.
4. naijasinglegirl.com : She’s funny and her posts have a satirical theme and oh yeah she blogs anonymously and that adds to the thrill lol. Apart from my regular dose of SDK, this is another blog I visit regularly.
5. Polyvore: A fashion app. Let me confess, I know nothing about fashion. I wear whatever I see lol as long as I’m comfortable, it doesn’t even matter if I end up looking like Amy Farrah-Fowler. Sigh ikr! But I love this app, I can combine and create any look I want and then shop for the items online or better still get my friends to sew something similar for me. ???
6. Wizkid: I can’t get enough of starboy, I’ve been a fan from day 1 and I’m still gunning for this young man. Lool idk why he’s on this list, but mahnnnn I love Wizzzyyyyyyy. Yaaaaggaaaaaa!!!
June be good to us. xx